Hi Phil,
My K3 #4257 has the 2m module installed and I think I can answer most of your
questions for you.

1. Emphatically yes, the K3 + K144XV combination is excellent for weak signal
work.
(But, you MUST get at least the K144RFLK and possibly get the KTCX03-1 to give
you the frequency stability you need)

2.Yes, it is a vague question but I think I know what your getting at, the
answer is directly related to answer 1.
All the K3's features translate to the 2M band and I don't think that you'll
find anything missing.

3. Nothing to see here folks.

4. Yes, all modes including RTTY, PSK31 etc are available with the k144XV. (If
the K3 can do it on HF, it can do it on 2m.)

5. Yes it does, all filters currently installed in your K3 will be available on
2M.

6. Yes, I use a Mirage 1016G 160Watt amplifier with my K3 on 2M and with 2
Watts of drive I get 150Watts of power output.
No gotchas that I know of, save for the fact that the Mirage can be a little
'dirty' if I drive it with more than 2Watts but thats not a fault in the K3,
thats an issue with the amplifier.

I use my 2m module for both SSB and FM repeater work and it performs equally
well on both. (I was amazed at the SSB sensitivity to be honest, it was a real
eye opener)

I hope this helps,
73 de
Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF