I finished installing the KRX3 this morning and after setting everything up IAW
p.43 of the manual, I went to calibrate the KSYN3.  Everything went along ok
until the end of the calibration and the screen said ERR VCO E 00129.  I
performed the calibration three times with the same result.  I checked the
cables for continuity and that they are firmly plugged into the correct sockets
but still no joy.  So I installed the new KSYN3 in the main rx slot and
proceeded to do the calibration routine again and it failed.  The problem
appears to be in the new KSYN3 unless I'm missing something somewhere.  I gave
the board a good visual inspection with my jewelers eye-loupe, but did not see
anything obviously wrong with the solder or tracks. I'm guessing maybe one of
those crystals went dead.

I contacted Elecraft support via email, but of course won't hear anything until
next week.

73
Dale, k9vuj

K3 S/N 2268