Hi Alan,

I have a blind friend who might find band edge "beeps" useful,
but he uses a voice announcement feature built into his radio
when he needs to know where he's tuned to.

Otherwise, I can't see an application for band edge "beeps"
or visual markers.  It's hard to visualize one tuning around
a band and -not- watching the display to the extent he wouldn't
know when a band edge had been crossed.  What purpose
would a "beep" serve?  Maybe I'm missing something ....

There has to be a limit to how much "hand holding" Elecraft
can do for us. (:-)))

73! Ken - K0PP