Steve,

Maybe a long shot, but try removing U6 (Control Board) from its socket and
plugging it back in again - with power off of course while you do this :-)

My K2 "froze" in similar fashion about 2 years after I had built it, and the
cause was poor contact between one or more of U6's pins and the IC's socket
due probably to "corrosion". The type of socket used does not provide a "gas
tight" connection, and pulling and reseating the IC should clean the socket.
Even unused sockets of this type can sometimes cause "problems".

73,

Geoff
LX2AO  (aka GM4ESD)