Hi List ..

My winter project for the Jitney is to convert my 144 IF levels to
0dBm up to the transverters to avoid horrible disasters that were
happening with +30dBm IF levels ;)

I've got my microwave station ripped out of the Jitney and on the
bench, and I'm going through everything setting levels before I start
modifying stuff. I noticed that I could only get about -6dBm maximum
out of the K60XV in tune mode and discovered that that limitation was
caused by the autotuner being enabled so I fixed that.

The most I can make come out of the thing in tune mode now is about
-4dBm (0.4mW) ... and this is with the transverter band output levels
set to 1.27mW (+1dBm). R6 in my KAT2 doesn't seem have any effect
(it's at 470R now). I'm measuring with my trusty but idiosyncratic
General Microwave 476 power meter, which is pretty much right on the
money at 28MHz.

Anyone have any ideas where to look? I'm going to go grab the VHF/UHF
K2 and check it next ..

de w1rt/john