-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of NZ8J
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 12:18 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Problems = Alignment Part III K2 #4993

Well, everything went fairly well up to the part III alignment.  I was able
to get slightly over 2 watts during the first few steps of the alignment.
However during the next steps, I get higher current than I should, and the
max out is about 5.5 watts even with the current cal set to 3.5 amps.

3 watts = 1.1 amp
4 watts = 1.8 amps
5 watts = 2.4 amps

I have checked and swapped power supplies, changed power cords, and set
current cal to 3.5 amps, but the max output seems to be about 5.5 watts. I
get "Hi Current" indication even with the current cal set to 3.5.

I would appreciate any insight, I have visually checked everything  of
course and don't see any obvious problem.. I looked at the troubleshooting
section , but it seems pretty generic, I'm hoping someone might have run
into this problem before and could point me to the right area to check...Any
ideas?

Thanks
Tim
NZ8J