> Technically, this would have been fairly easy...a small helper
> program (perhaps similar to flrig) would run on the PC and present
> the P3/SVGA output in a window. Instead, the person who made the
> design decision at Elecraft, chose to/*require */a dedicated monitor
> to present the P3/SVGA output.

No, the person who made the design decision at Elecraft chose not to
add additional hardware that would *further increase the cost* and waste
time/effort to develop a series of display programs for multiple
operating systems that would benefit a vanishingly small number of
potential users.

Again, if you want a windowed display, get SDR-IQ/SpectraVue or LP-PAN
with a sound card and "son of PowerSDR".  Both of those solutions are
available today and cost less than the P3/P3SVGA with another monitor.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV