Don,

Thanks for the reply, and for all your other help in configuring my K2
station over the last 5 years.

Just out of curiosity - can this not be done if they are mounted in the
same box? I think when mine were configured that way, there still were two
separate 12V inputs - or do they get tied together? I would like to know if
my timeout-switch approach would be useable by someone with the KPA-100 in
the same chassis as the K2-base.

Interesting that it sound like it is not as "safe" to pull power from the
K3 during operation. What about a natural power outage event? Would there
be some complications in the recovery process?

73, Tom
KG3V