John,

IMHO, believe the DL-1/DMM combination first.  If you have an opportunity,
check the DL-1 with an antenna analyzer to see how close it actually is to
50 ohms non-reactive - that should increase your confidence level.

The WM-2 when properly calibrated is speced for 5% of full scale, so if you
were reading on the 10 watt scale, its reading could be off by as much as
0.5 watt, if not calibrated, it could be off even more.  I find my W7EL
wattmeter (predecessor to the WM-2) is optimistic in its readings (reads
high) even when calibrated by the 'proper' instructions - one day I will do
a better job of matching the diodes and straighten it out, but in the
meantime I trust my known 50 ohm non-reactive dummy load and my 'scope or RF
probe a lot more.

73,
Don W3FPR