I had some questions about this issue mailed to me.

Here's my update.

Elecraft sent me a replacement KPA100 and KPA I/O board, of which I
replaced myself.

The new amplifier and I/O board fixed the problem. No more 12KHz resonation
coming from the internals of the radio in test, low, and high power modes.
The closest thing I can compare the sound to is the electrical resonation
of a cathode ray tube in a TV, however, it's not as clean.

Possibly a cold solder joint or bad connection between the amplifier and
I/O board? I don't know.

73
DE AB3LS