Yes there is Kevin, it is called a relay, and it goes 'clack' in the night! In the distant past I used relays to switch an open wire feeder between legs of V beams at HF running 1 kW, using the 'open' type of relay used for power switching, rated at 15 amps, inside a weatherproof container. Just don't 'hot switch'. One other precaution, don't compare antennas too often at 3am, you will wake the neighbours - or in your case the Mountain Lions.

73, Geoff
GM4ESD

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Rock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 1:02 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] A/B antenna switch for ladder line fed antennas

I have a fancy switch for A/B antenna testing for coaxially fed antennas but do not know what folks use for antenna switches with antennas fed by ladder lines. I want to compare a 160 meter full wave loop fed with homebrew ladder line to a G5RV fed by 450 window line. Any suggestions? I knife switch of some sort like we used in grade school science labs in the '60s? Or is there something more modern?
   Kevin.  KD5ONS