Are you sure it is the KPA500 that is causing the drop off? There are
a lot of variables here. The exciter could be scaling back, the power
source (110/220) could be limiting you or something else may be
happening. As power cords heat, they tend to restrict the electron
flow. Especially if you are powered from 110V, that could be the
source of several problems. Be sure not to replace the supplied power
cord with a smaller one - this is a recipe for reduced output in itself.

We have also seen transmitters decrease their output power when keyed
down for a long time. This might be due to heating in the TX, ALC
action, or other things specific to the radio.

I would suggest adding a wattmeter between the exciter and the KPA500
so you can monitor power between the devices. Also check the power
source wiring to make sure there are no limitations there. In general,
look to see if there are other factors external to the KPA causing
power reduction.

Jack B, W6FB