I had a similar experience a few months ago.
They sent me free replacements for all six sets of knobs in the lower
left-hand quadrant of the front panel.
You think I would now buy from any other ham transceiver
manufacturer/reseller/kit-maker (apart from Doug Hendricks)?

Just waiting for the KX3 to start shipping...

Cheers,

Alan V31FA