From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:10 AM
To: Phil Yates
Cc: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Mic connector for Yamaha CM500 on K3

Phil,

To match the Yamaha CM-500 to the K2, you can purchase the adapter used with
the Proset-K2 - and wire the microphone configuration header just as for the
Elecraft MH2 microphone - all pins jumper straight across and add the 5.6k
bias resistor between mic jack pins 1 and 6.

I thought I had the part number for the adapter without the microphone, but
I cannot find it, perhaps someone else will supply it.

Of course, an adapter should not be difficult to build yourself with a
Foster plug and 2 jacks (one for the microphone and another for the PTT
input jack.

73,
Don W3FPR