> Also, "communications" type dynamic microphones often have rather
> uneven response curves. Some I've seen have way too much response
> below 500 or 600 Hz. The equalizer can be used to compensate for this
> response.

Electret ("condenser") mics also show a bass boost when worked close as
with a headset or close talked hand mic.  That's why - in addition to
limiting hum and background noise - it's generally best to set the K3's
two lowest EQ bands to -16 and set 200 Hz to -6 or so.

Low frequencies contribute very little to intelligibility but consume
a lot of transmitter power.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV