----- Original Message -----
From: Bill K9YEQ
>I do not generally use Software to run my Elecraft radios other than the
>macros.  I work on >PCs/software for a living, so I love the options
>available with all the Elecraft radios.  Like Greg, I >have mine sitting
>just above the pullout keyboard/Mouse tray in front of the K3.  I have a
>easy to >reach antenna switch.  I have listened to audio coming from both
>units without any signal >conditioning, filters, NB, NR, etc.  Hard to tell
>the two apart on the PC stereo speakers.  That is >very sweet.

That is not quite what I was expecting. KX3 being SDR based should sound
better then K3 because KX3 should lack in band IMD caused by non linearity
of crystal filter. When I compare audio of my K3 with that of QS1R the
difference is pretty noticeable. Well, sooner or later someone will measure
in band IMD of KX3 and hopefully we will get objective data.

73, Igor UA9CDC