In troubleshooting a relay problem on my KAT100, Gary advised me to check the
signal /8R, generated by Q3.   I think Q3 may be faulty, since (using a Fluke
DMM) signal /8R alternates between zero and only 4.99v as the KPA100 is
cycled between receive and TUNE.   Signal 8R alternates between 7.91v and zero,
as
I would expect.

Before, I disassemble, de-solder, and install a new Q3, however, could
someone verify that 4.99 v is indeed lower than it should be and Q3 is probably
bad.
  Thanks.

73,
Bob, WO3E