Thanks Dan,
that was exactly the info I needed. My delay in replying was due to some
problems with me and the small fonts in Xubuntu. I finally decided to
change to LinuxMint, which I found was easier for me to configure with
larger fonts. A bonus with Mint was the ia32-libs were already installed.
<g>
I tested the K3Util by installing the new k3fw4r48 which updated my MCU and
FPF.

(didn't even need to run it by using ./k3util just clicked on the icon)
Mint is showing a lot of promise... so far.

--
73 & God Bless
Sam Morgan