It is my understanding the amp is a stand-alone unit that will work with any
rig. The same can't be said for the module in the K2 where the K2-specific
circuitry is required to run the amp. If it is truly independent, and
remotable in, say, your car trunk then it would have to be totally
independent if just the coax is shared (and power). Maybe there is a band
control circuit that will let the amp follow the rig? I know some of the
lower end RM Italy, or similar, amps use sensing for auto band switching so
maybe that is the route Elecraft is going. If so that would be real nice!
Maybe in the future if I get an amp for my QRP gear the one for the KX3 will
be all I need - and an American made one at that. Well wait a minute, an amp
for QRP? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Steve, KC8QVO