They do :-) Another way to feed dipoles cut for different bands using a
single feeder which I find to be less fussy, is to configure the dipoles as
"Coupled Resonators", with the feeder connected to only one of the dipoles -
usually to the dipole cut for the lowest frequency band.  The dipole wires
(tubing in a beam) are run parallel to each other with their mid-points
facing one another.  The spacing between the dipoles (in wavelengths)
depends on the wire guage (or tubing diameter).  The ARRL Antenna Handbook
20th edition covers this scheme in some detail in Chapter 7.

I have a three band wire version (12 - 10 - 6m) here at this time, with a
plane reflector behind it. 15m yet to be added.

73,

Geoff
LX2AO