Good Evening,
    Surprisingly the bands were not as bad as I had anticipated.
However, there was a lot of one way propagation.  My newly repaired
antenna was hearing well but not everyone was hearing me very well.  I
did have a check in from Alaska which had great signal strength.  Sam, I
was so taken aback I forgot to ask your serial number.  Maybe tomorrow
I'll remember to ask you.
    While twenty meters got all the way to Connecticut and Georgia forty
was more local.  Dave, W8OV, had been stronger on 20 m but on 40 m he
was a whisper.  But in this case the propagation was reciprocal.  John,
N0TA, called first but he was obviously not hearing me at all.  A few
minutes later we connected and got through the exchange OK.  Once again
propagation was not the same in both directions.  I'll have to check my
antenna to see if there is something awry.

   On to the lists =>

   On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:
K6MGO - Bill - CA - K3 - 5181
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K3 - 457
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
AC5P - Mike - OK - K3 - 2170
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
K1THP - Dave - CT - K3 - 686
W8OV - Dave - TX - K3 - 3139
AL7V - Sam - AK - K3 - ?
W6BK - Dave - CA - K2 - 4910

   On 7045 kHz at 0000z:
N0TA - John - CO - K3 - 994
K0DTJ - Brian - CA - K3 - 4113
K6PJV - Dale - CA - K3 - 1183
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K3 - 642
W8OV - Dave - TX - K3 - 3139

    Weather reports were all for warmer weather than I was having.
Scott, N0AR, is describing Minnesota as an alternative to Florida this
winter with temperatures into the 70s.  My house is finally approaching
that temperature.  The nasty weather was blowing all the heat out of my
house so the fire was not keeping up.  Next summer I'll rip off the
paneling on the windward side of the house and put up a layer of
housewrap as I repair the wall.  As long as I can block infiltration
I'll be much warmer next winter.  That will help me from shivering while
sending code.

    Until next week stay well,
       73,
            Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)

-