Hi Bartek,

Presuming that you can see some response (frequency display change) when you
vary C22, you might try the following procedure:

1) Re-set C22 to its mid-point setting (the default option in the Alignment
and Test, Part II, p. 63 of the Rev. H manual)

2) Repeat the PLL Reference Oscillator Range Test, (also page 63)

3) Repeat the VCO Alignment (page 64) and especially note the VCO control
voltage measurements, which
should be within the indicated range (here I'm presuming you have access to
a DMM).

4) Repeat the BFO Test (page 65) and especially verify that the BFO High and
Low frequencies as well as the BFO Range are within specifications. (It was
at this stage in my own K2 test and alignment that I found a problem with an
intermittent connection to L33 and an insufficiently low BFO Low frequency).

A measurement of the 4.0 MHz Reference Oscillator frequency with an
independent, well-calibrated counter is a worthwhile step.  However, if the
BFO frequency range is not within the specifications, you may find this to
be the source of your problem.  You may find that in performing N6KR's 4.0
MHz Reference Oscillator alignment procedure, step 2, (I did this with the
10.0 MHz WWV signal) that you can't get the last 4 digits of the VCO and BFO
frequencies to agree when you adjust C22, which may stem from inadequate or
offset tuning ranges for either of these oscillators.

Let us know what you find!

73,
Mike, K8CN