Lee, come down to Park City and operate with me in a contest or chasing DX.  I
would NOT be without the P3 as I can find the weak signals in amongst the big
gun contesters that I swear are running over the legal limit.  With the K3's
selectivity, I can even work someone with an S3 signal within a half KHz of
K0PY when he's calling CQ and running the Alpha 9500 full bore.  (He only lives
a couple blocks from me).  The P3 enables me to see that weak signal.  Also,
when a DX station is working split, I can see where the pileup is without
having to hunt for it.  It's pretty easy to find the last station the DX
worked, put the VFO B cursor right on that frequency and unless propagation is
really bad, it normally never takes more than a couple calls to bag 'em.

The P3 is one of those items that you can do without unless you've ever used
one.  After that the priorities change drastically.

Jim - W0EB