Hi all, I have not been able to find this problem/solution anywhere.  I have
been going through all the manuals and some forums this morning with no
luck.

It seems my K3 is not talking to my P3. I do not get a freq display and
cannot control the VFO from the P3. It acts as if the P3 XCVR to the K3
RS232 cable is not connected (if the cable is disconnected it is the same
display I get). I tried another cable with no luck.  Is there some menu item
that needs to be set in order for this communication to happen?

My K3 is serial number 6344 (a K3/10 kit) and my P3 is serial number 1970
also a kit so I am not ruling out any operator or builder error I may have
caused.

The K3 and the P3 talk to the computer independently but the computer does
not talk to the K3 via the P3. Which is what led me to concentrate on that
area.

I am going to take the P3 apart to see if I see anything obvious like
something disconnected but I do not have high hopes.

Thanks for any help

Frank
K0JQZ
f_skin...@yahoo.com