Problem solved!

I tried a little aluminum shielding on the control box (the plastic one that
supports their wireless sensors), and that was a waste of time. I gave it a
shot while waiting for my delivery of ferrite cores from Mouser. Didn't cost
anything and was worth a try.

The security system RFI was cured by inserting, at the vertical's feed point, a
choke made from a stack of five ferrite cores (Fair-Rite part number
263180033802) with seven turns of RG-8X passing through the stack. I cranked
the KPA500 up to 550 watts and not a sound was heard from that alarm system.
Cool.

A side benefit to this was that I have a lower SWR at my desired "sweet spots"
on 40 - 10 meters. So, placing the string of five ferrite beads on the coax
(per a manufacturer's "RFI Kit"), simply wasn't getting the job done. The five
mix 31 cores from Fair-Rite (actually from Mouser) did the trick.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions! And especially thanks for the good
information on K9YC's web pages.

73, Jim / W6JHB