*Phil,

Withe bail in the up position and I imagine the light weight of the KAT-500
I wonder if the trick will be to place the KAT-500 on top either the K3 or
KPA-500 and NOT have it slide off the back?

I run portable everyday and bench top area is very limited so I am in a
quandry as to how I can use the KAT-500. The dimensions appear to be the
same as the footprint for the K3/KPA-500 so placing it 'under' either would
mean it would protrude out the front?

I am hoping there is a stiffener in the center of the KAT-500 or at least a
sturdy outer frame that will allow positioning under either the K3 or
KPA-500.

Folks who have shelving as part of their shack are at a distinct advantage
over the way i must operate and this would be nice to have but would be a
real hassle for me to lug around...:-(

Guess I will figure it all out when the KAT-500 arrives. but my concerns
remain just that for now.

73's
Gary
*
On 1 April 2012 02:06, Phil & Debbie Salas <dpsa...@tx.rr.com> wrote:

> The KPA500 draws in air from the top, and exhausts it out the back.  So
> placing the KAT500 under the amplifier shouldn't affect KPA500 air flow.
>
> Phil - AD5X
>
> "I think the KAT500 may be sturdy enough for the KPA500 to sit on top of
> it,
> but I am a bit nervous about interrupting the air flow around the amp.  I
> think, during my recent discussion with Eric, he suggested it be set on, or
> under, the K3.  Airflow is important there too, but not as critical
> perhaps.
> If you set it on top of the K3 you block the speaker, so I'm contemplating
> putting it under the K3.  The KAT500 has the same dimensions as either the
> K3 or the KPA500--it's just not as high.  I'd bet there will be a lot of
> variations on setup, and hopefully several of them will be satisfactory.
> Dave W7AQK"

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
Elecraft Equipment