I had not intentionally been using other antenna ports on the K3. When I
shut the system off the night before, I had been receiving on the transmit
antenna just fine. It's possible that I inadvertently hit some button on the
K3, but whatever state I got into, it got fixed when I turned on the amp. It
surprised me ... I was expecting to be chasing down an antenna switch
problem or bad feedline.

I have an accessory DC supply that powers up and down with the same power
strip that runs the K3's DC supply. I turn that strip off after shutting off
the K3 by its front panel. One item powered by the accessory supply is a
remote antenna switch that grounds all the feedlines when it gets powered
off. But it's not interfaced to any band outputs or anything, just a rotary
switch on the desk that I didn't touch. That switch feeds 12 VDC directly to
relays in the switch box. No logic or other sensitive electronics is in that
circuit. The selected antenna is always connected as soon as the K3 gets
powered up. The KPA500 is not on a power strip. It's always plugged into a
live 240 VAC outlet.

That pretty well describes my antenna selection.

-- Carl