Snort!  Your "observations," are as anecdotal as can be and.....continue to
make my point --- a point that was started when I sent out the reply: If - IF -
 they can produce a similar product at a reduced cost, including the absurdity
of the current add on costs that Elecraft charges, good for them!

 I also stated that I "hope they are successful - "successful" meaning their
version offers like functions and specifications, at a reduced cost!"  If, I
repeat, IF those specifications include a Ps as far as the rig remaining
operational over some lonnnnnng period of time - saaaaaaay, .95 or .98 or
whatever "high value of reliability you want to instill on an Elecraft
product," then I hope this Chinese company can turn out a product that's as
reliable.

Sheesh - I can see the "Elecraft faithful" are out in droves today!

Cinching up my flameproof suit even tighter.....72, Jim R. K9JWV