Several posts were recently made regarding the small Radio Shack switcher
power supply (RS 22-507).  Most comments seemed pretty favorable about it.
Anyway, one of those came available in a local estate sale for one of my ham
friends who recently passed away.  I decided to give it a try, and it does
seem to work well.  I scanned all my commonly used ham bands for noise and
found none.  It seems to be pretty clean to me.  I also hooked up my K1 to
it, and it ran that rig just fine.  Next I'll have to try the K2, but I
suspect it will work fine with that rig also.

I don't much care for the list price Radio Shack is asking, but if you find
one of these at a decent discount I think it's a good buy.  I have another
similar supply, a Jetstream, but it's a tad bit bigger.  This RS model will
be somewhat handier to tote around.  It's really quite small.  The Jetstream
does work equally well, though, and has voltage and current metering.  I
can't remember exactly, but that one is rated quite a bit higher as to
current draw--maybe even 8 or 10 amps or a bit more.  Still, it's just
enough bigger to make the RS model seem more convenient for specific use
with the KX3.  By the way, no detectable noise on the Jetstream either.  I
think several of their models have been given favorable reviews.

  Dave W7AQK