I've been using the cheap head magnifiers (typically $5-7) for years and
am pretty happy with them. If you go to mcmelectronics.com and  type in
magnifier in the search box, you'll find a range of quality and prices.

The one I use is the $6.99 one. I remove the 2 lights and battery
holders to make the headset lighter and use a bench mounted lamp for
illumination.

The ulitimate is a Bauch & Lomb or Sciencscope 7x-35x binocular  zoom
microscope. I use these at work and they're very good. But they run $125
- $350 used on that auction site.

73 & GL,

Lenny W2BVH