Lou Voerman W2ROW wrote

> I just received this kit which increases the current available at the 12V
> DC Out jack on the K3 to drive a P3 with P3SVGA. The kit consists of
> replacing a surface mount diode, a through hole fuse and through hole
> choke. Elecraft sent me this kit without my asking.   :)

I installed it in about 30 minutes and did end up removing the KPA3 module.
I suspect it would have taken me longer if I had tried to get at the
components while leaving the KPA3 in place. All works well. It might be nice
if Elecraft provided a stick on label with the 1A limit to cover the 500mA
label on the rear panel.

Lou  W2ROW