It boils down to personal preference, and I like BNCs.  UHF seem really large
and clunky to me, and I don't like having to unscrew them rather than just a
small twist.  One factor that other folks might not have is that I run strictly
low power and the largest coax I have anywhere in my station is LMR-240 size.
So using a large connector seems like overkill to me.   I also invested in a
good crimp tool and make all my own BNC cables and have yet to have a failure.
 So to me, there is zero downside to using BNCs.  But I appreciate that others
may have a different opinion.

73   Craig   AC0DS