1.  will the T1 tuner ever be made available as a bare
board? (as in, no enclosure)

2.  does the T1 tuner go into "active" mode upon being
powered with DC, or, does it still require the 'power'
button to be activated?

Reason for asking:  I want to use this tuner remotely,
packaged by me.  It would have been great if it went
into autotune mode upon RF sense, but, if it would do
so when the DC comes up instead, I can just phantom
the DC up the coax and get the same effect.

If the tuner is only available in the case (or with,
in the kit version), then so be it:  I can accept
buying but not using the case.

However, if the tuner can't be activated without
hitting (or remoting) the button, then, I will have to
find some other choice.