 From: Erik Basilier <ebasil...@cox.net>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Saturday, May 5, 2012 12:03 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT: Distinguishable angular momentum in radio photons?

Eric, thanks for posting the link to the original article, and thanks also
to the others who responded to my post.
Since nobody complained about the subject, I guess I can make these comments
before the thread gets to be too long and too OT.

I did get one private email from a list member who felt I was a
non-technical person writing about things way beyond my education. Just in
case a lot of readers may feel the same way, let me explain to the list. I
felt that the startling claims of the article would make for a more
interesting conversation topic than some other discussions on the reflector.
I related the gist of the article without personally trying to either
support or debunk the content. I have a PhD in Physics as well as a Masters
in Engineering from long ago, but I would not take myself so seriously as to
spend the effort to try to arrive at a personal evaluation of a subject that
the active researchers (pro as well as con) spent many hours on.