Ed,

You have to read a bit of "K2 History" to understand! :-)
There *was* a switch S1 on the Control Board, but it got bumped so many
times, when the boards were re-done for SN 3000 and above, that pesky
switch was changed to a 3 pin male header - P7.

This is the first time I have heard it mentioned, so maybe others just
don't pay attention.  The KBT2 instructions have apparently not been
updated.

73,
Don W3FPR