I have recently moved to a new QTH and am slowly getting things in shape to
get back on the air.  I ran into a lot of nasty RFI problems.  The previous
owner had installed "smart house" wall switches throughout the house.  They
were supposed to control incandescent lamps only, but in fact they
controlled fans, wall outlets, etc.  Besides sending a few entertainment
radios to the dump before I figured out what was going on, the RFI was
horrendous.  Gradually I removed them only to find I still had problems.
While doing some electrical work an electrician found the signal injector
for the system behind the main breaker panel, and that eliminated nearly all
the noise.

I should say nearly all the broadband noise, as I was left with birdies
about every 30 kHz or so.  Eventually I tracked those down to a Linksys
Wireless G router, model wrt54gs.  My previous Linksys bit the dust just
before I moved, so I can't say if I would have heard the birdies from this
one had I installed it in the old QTH.  I have wireless and wired
connections running off this router, and have helped the problem by
installing ferrite on the power wart lead and all the data leads.  But I
have not been able to eliminate the rather broad birdies that seem to fall
at nice dx frequencies.

Has anyone on the reflector had such a problem and found a way to cure it?
Searching on the internet I find that RFI from routers is a well known
phenomenon, but I have seen no suggestions for curing the problem.

Bob W2WG