David and All,

I have a Bravo 7K, and so far, I find it to be only a "fair" performer.
This assessment is based only on limited testing against my Sigma 40XK
vertical dipole, which is another N6BT design from his time as owner of
Force12.  So far, I've only been able to run limited A/B tests on 40 meters,
and the Bravo 7K is down about 1 S unit or more.  I had hoped it would be
much better than that, particularly based on the positive commentary from
N6BT himself, but I do need to try more variations of location and setup.  I
just haven't had a chance to do much additional testing due to a number of
other tasks and projects which are eating up my free time.

On the positive side, I am quite impressed with the portability of the Bravo
7K.  It sets up quickly and easily, and is very easy to break down and
transport.  It's quite possible I haven't found the right combination of
settings and location for the Bravo 7K.  For example, it may be adversely
affected by other nearby objects.  I'd also like to elevate it a bit more
than what the basic system allows.  As supplied, the Bravo 7K is only about
2 feet off the ground at the bottom.  My Sigma 40XK is 5 or 6 feet off the
ground.

I will tell you that the Sigma 40XK has been a very good performer on 40
meters.  At one time it was available for something similar in price to what
the Bravo 7K sells for now, but the current owners of Force 12 have jacked
up the price considerably.

Anyway, hopefully some day soon I can get back into the experimentation
process with the Bravo 7K.  If I accomplish anything noteworthy, I will
report it here.

Dave W7AQK

David, G3UNA said:

I wouldn't buy a loop.  IF you only have those 3 choices, I would go for
the Buddipole, but I'm sure there must be other choices out there, I
don't like spending a lot of money on antennas unless it offers
something really special.  Have you seen the Bravo?

See   http://n6bt.com/n6bt-Bravo-dayton-faq-1.htm

Not sure if it would fit inside your hotel bedroom.

David
G3UNA