Ed,
This is incorrect. Each operating system is victimized by threats
specific to that OS. You'll need a Windows anti-virus/anti-malware
product if you run Windows on your Mac. Also, unless you plan to use
both OSs simultaneously, you don't need to run Parallels. You can boot
directly into Windows on an Intel Mac using Boot Camp.

73,
Scott, N9AA