I have found Virtual Box is great at testing and using various OSes from
one machine without rebooting.  I have one box running eight different
OSes when I want them.  Linux in its many flavors, Windows of various
generations, Mac OSes of various eras, and my latest find: Haiku.  For
those of you familiar with BeOS Haiku will be a pleasant foray into the
past.  After Be went out of business many programmers decided not to let
to OS die.  So they, like Linus Torvalds, took it upon themselves to
rewrite the code in open source form.  Haiku is their model of BeOS.  It
works surprisingly well and mounting all of my NTFS files is automatic.
It runs well under Virtual Box too.

Please install and try Virtual Box on your machines to allow you to use
legacy code on each of your boxes.
     Kevin.  KD5ONS