Mine is currently set at AGC THR 15 and SLP 15 (for CW). I'm still
playing with SLP, tending to set it higher.

The reason for these settings is I want to be able to hear variation
in signal level up to about s-8/9, but not much above that. These
settings do require occasional adjustment of the AF GAIN between the
strongest and weakest signals, but not much. It depends on one's own
comfortable hearing range (plus headphones, speaker acoustics,
resonances, perceived amplitude of different CW tones, etc.)

But I don't get the point of THR 20 SLP 0. I assume that is pretty
much the same as just turning off the AGC. Prior to the recent
extension of the THL adjustment I would often turn the AGC off and
live with distortion at AF LIM = 20. (I also worried about the AF
amplifier stages which someone claimed could be subject to damage when
the AGC was off.)

I think the K3 sounds a lot better since the latest improvements. But
that may be a subjective judgement on my part, or due to propagation,
etc. But it sure sounds great to me...

73,
Drew
AF2Z