Bill,
Had that exact same issue 3-4 months ago.  Support had me do several
calibrations including the power calibrations followed by several tests.  After
several back and forths with support it suddenly started working again and has
worked okay since.  One of the things they had me do was turn off the KPA3 and
try and tune just with the LPA.  I'm not sure what eventually fixed it.  Might
try the power calibration and the KPA3 off and on and see what happens.  My s/n
is 34xx....don't know if yours is close.
BTW,  My K3 has had six major failures in about two and a half years including
DOA.  It has been to Elecraft twice and they have sent parts to me three times
to repair it.  Sometimes support has been hard to convince the radio had
problems.  But all problems have been confirmed eventually.  It has been down
literally for several months total, so good luck with a quick repair from
support.
>>>Has anyone experienced this? After years of faithful service the ATU Tune
button on my K3/100 has stopped responding. I can switch between antennas 1
and 2, step through the Ls and Cs, and bypass the ATU, all in the
configuration menu but not with the front panel button. I tried a  reset but no
joy. I'd be grateful for any suggestions for further diagnostics, of better
still, a cure. Thanks

Bill   AD6JV >>>

Take pride in the USA. 73

Jim, W0EM