No problem updating either one now, Lee. You can leave them both connected
in the "daisy chain". Use the P3 Utility for updating the P3, and the K3
utility for updating the rig. (only run one of those programs at a time, of
course.) There is no longer any need to shut off either device when updating
the other.

73,
Bruce N1RX