-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jess Gypin
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 2:19 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Counter probe and RF probe assembly

Can someone tell me what the 10pF axial lead capacitor looks like for the
counter probe? I have looked through all of the caps that I have sorted and
cannot find an axial lead cap that is obvious. Is this cap in a package that
looks like a resistor or inductor? I have to very small beige "resistor"
looking parts that are color coded Brown-black-Brown and the other is
Grn-Brn-Grn-Gld. I am sure that the one with 4 bands is a resistor, but not
sure about the other 3 band piece. Sorry for the stupid questions, but I am
used to the "normal" packaging of caps and I see no axial lead caps anywhere
in the ones that I have. The only other one that I have that looks suspect
is the cardboard mounted ceramic orange cap that has a "1" on the face, but
I am sure that it is a 1uF and not 10 pF?

What do you think?

Jess AE0CW<><