I think I'm right about this. things you get with the stock KX3 that aren't
available
on the K2 and that haven't already been mentioned :

General coverage receive,
FM and AM modes
Fantastic noise reduction and noise blanking,
FILTERING, AWESOME ADJUSTABLE FILTERING !
AFX
Notch filtering that REALLY works (if it's like the K3 and I think it is),
Passband tuning,
Rx and Tx 8 band equalizing
Memories by the gazillions,
cw message storage

Is there really any choice?

> I guess part of my partiality to KX3 is that I WOULD build it and that would
> make it a bit more of a "personal" rig for me.   If that makes sense.

Nah.......  Same principle as assembling other things you get in a box, like
from Ikea!!
It has already been built and tested by Elecraft, you just assemble it.

Rick  K2XT