There has been a lot of discussion about the pro's and con's of changing
the original size, weight, etc of the main tuning knob on the K3. I
think it is perfectly fine as is, but in true ham fashion many like to
"tinker" with what most think is already about as good as it gets.

I ran across an option that may or may not have been mentioned on here
previously but I am using a black optional trim ring sold by Ten Tec for
their Orion (and others) radio. It fits perfectly over the existing K3
main knob and adds some extra grip and size and to me also looks real
nice. I had a spare here from an Orion I owned and decided to give it a
try and I like the end result.

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone was interested.

73

Tim
NZ8J