I don't know where Bob gets those settings. I've got a Gold LIne and
those setting will make it sound terrible.

First of all, you probably don't need an external equalizer, because the
K3 has an 8 band equalizer built in. The standard 2.7 kHz filter can be
made to sound acceptably good, but you're not going to get ESSB quality,
because of the bandwidth. You'd need the 6 kHz filter for that. I won't
get into the "ESSB as good practice debate," other than to say that most
"ESSB" guys I hear on the air sound ridiculous, and I was a professional
broadcaster for years.

I would start at zero across the board, lowering the low end and
adjusting the mids and highs *slightly* upward until you get a good
balance of decent lows and good presence on the mid to high end. With a
little patience and a good ear, you'll get an excellent sounding signal
out of the K3. Of course, you'll want to use the "TEST" feature or a
dummy load and listen to yourself with the TX monitor.

Good luck getting your audio the way you want it!

73,
Scott, N9AA