From: Ian Kahn <km4ik....@gmail.com>
Sender: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:30:24
To: Ronald Nutter<ron.nut...@networkref.com>
Cc: elecraft<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Questions about taking a QRP station on the plane

Ron,

The last time I travelled with a rig, it was an FT-857D.  I was able to put
it and all the cables I needed into my carry-on, which was just my regular
attache/brief case.  I attached a copy of my license to the top of the
rig.  I had the rig and power cable.  I didn't have a power supply because
I was renting a vehicle and driving back home (bizarre business trip - I'll
tell you the gory details off-list if you really want to know).  Anyway,
TSA didn't even give the rig and cabling a second look.  As to antennas,
because this was a trip to one of my company's offices in Metro DC, I just
shipped my antennas, mounts, and other necessaries ahead to one of my
co-workers.  Don't know if that is an option for you or not.

Hope this helps.

73,

--Ian
Ian Kahn, KM4IK