Jess,

Make sure you have the jumpers installed in place of R18 & R19 on the
bottom of the control board.  These jumpers provide the path for the
output of the product detector U11 on the RF board.

If no go, check the RF board jumpers W1, W6, W5, W2 and W3  to make
sure the RF is getting to the receiver preamp, mixer, the variable
bandwidth crystal filter and then to the IF Amp and Product detector.

>From the product detector, PD1 and PD2 go through RF board J7 to P2 on
the control board. On the control board, you've got Q6 and Q7 which
disconnect the AF amp when transmitting.