I do not own one of these products but perhaps I can help with the
terminology.

An iambic paddle *always* has two levers, each with a separate
fingerpiece.  A non-iambic paddle *always* has a single lever but *may*
sport a dual fingerpiece to increase the spacing between the thumb and
forefinger.  This goes to personal style and usually means the buyer
asked for such a modification (or did it him/herself).

An iambic paddle permits "squeeze" keying -or- the Op can choose to send
non-iambic code with it.  A non-iambic (i.e. "single lever") paddle can
*never* send iambic code.

Some Ops believe that sending non-iambic code with an iambic paddle
leads to more errors because there are two separate contact levers
involved; a non-iambic paddle eliminates one entire lever and its
corresponding contacts.

Ops who were brought up on semi-automatic keys ("bugs") - and who wish
to maintain their "bug fist"- generally prefer single lever paddles and
avoid making the transition to squeeze keying.  Of course, this is a
personal preference and there are Ops who are very capable of switching
between the various keying styles.

The art of CW - becoming proficient, appreciating its history,
understanding its development, building a collection - is a wonderful
subhobby within amateur radio.

Selecting a paddle (or straight key or bug) is very personal "project".
While it's certainly wise to ask questions, read reviews, and peruse the
marketing information, in the end the buyer is the only one who will
know when he or she has found "a winnner."

I have a modest inventory of the "best" keys for "me" and it took me
quite awhile to get there but the journey was an interesting and
enlightening experience all the way.

Never be shy about working with a manufacturer if you feel you need
something beyond what the manufacturer offers.  For example, I once
asked to have an extra heavy base of specific dimension added to an
already substantial base to make the key weigh an astounding number of
pounds.  In another instance, I wanted the fingerpiece style from one
part of the product line to be mounted on a key from another part of the
line.  in a third instance, I felt the supplied carbon fiber fingerpiece
was too thin and asked to have it doubled up.  All these requests were
filled with no problem.  In fact, the manufacturer who doubled up my
carbon fiber fingerpiece thought it was such a good idea that he made it
standard.

Another suggestion is to avoid spending extra money to buy a nameplate
or call sign plate.  If you later decide you want to sell your key in
order to buy something else, that personalized  plate, and the holes
that were drilled in the key to mount it, might not meet with a buyer's
approval.

One line of reasoning says that being a good CW Op really has nothing to
do with the brand names on our keys and paddles, or how much they cost.
On a certain level that is a true statement.

But there *is* great satisfaction in owning and operating high quality,
well-engineered instruments.  Isn't that why we buy Elecraft radios?

73, Stan WB2LQF
www.wb2lqf.com