Last night I was listening to the K2 upstairs with a end fed ParZ ant. hung
out the 2nd story into a nearby tree. I decided to do a A/B test with the
Yaesu FT-450D. The K2 had a much lower noise floor and sounded better on
SSB. The S meters were about the same with the K2 being about 1/2 unit
higher on most sigs. ( I know that does not tell me much) On CW I could hear
all the signals on the FT-450D that I heard on the K2 but the noise was
higher on the FT-450D. I looked for a weak signal that I could only hear on
the K2 but ran out of time. Im not sure where the 450D stands as far as
receiver performance? My question to the group is does this seem about
right, or should my K2 be blowing the 450D  out of the water.

73
Don
K4YND